Planning is an important part of the web & design process. One of the things our clients love about us is our attention to detail and our commitment to meeting requirements and exceeding expectations. In order for us to provide the perfect solution for you, it would be helpful if you could provide us with as much information about yourself as possible. Please read through the questions below to give you an idea of the type of information usually required for most projects. After reading, you can then either use the questions as a guideline to prepare your own brief.
We understand that not everyone knows exactly what they want, so please feel free to contact us and we can talk through your project together.
1. What services do you require? For example:
- Website Design & Development
- Website Visual Graphic Design Stills
- Content Writing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Logo Design
- Business Card Design
- Letterhead Design
- Flyer, Leaflet & Poster Design
- Brochure & Booklet Design
- Web Banner / Advert Design
- HTML Newsletter Design / Email Marketing & Statistics
- Photography / Filming / Media
- Production & Editing
- Printing Services
- Social Media / Marketing
2. What details can you provide about yourself, i.e. company press release, profile, background history, services, products etc.
3. Who is your target market?
4. What 5 key words / phrases would you like your company described as i.e. professional, reliable, exclusive, trustworthy, corporate etc.?
5. Who are your main competitors? (obtain their website URL’s for reference). Also what is it about your company that differentiates you from your competitors?
SPECIFIC INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR WEBSITE PROJECTS:
We are happy to talk through ideas and options with you to help you finalise your exact requirements :)
* Website structure i.e. a list of all your pages (you can include notes next to each page describing what you envisage displaying there, some clients provide links to other sites to show an example of what they want on each page as this is sometimes easier to convey preferences).
* Design preferences for the global site and home page i.e. a list of elements/sections to include on home page (social icons, newsletter sign up, icons leading to key pages of the site, twitter feed etc.) and colour palette/layout options.
* Functionality detail (i.e. slideshow, other dynamic content, forms, member login, ecommerce etc.)
6. Have you purchased your domain name already? If not what is your preferred domain name (i.e www.companyname.com)? Note: If you already have your own domain we will need your domain login details in order to configure the name to point to your new website.
7. Do you have website hosting already or would you like to use our hosting services? Note: If you already have your own hosting we will need your hosting login details.
8. What are your main website objectives in priority order? i.e.: sell products, enquiry submissions, capture visitor data, build community etc.
9. Do you have any ideas regarding colour scheme or layout design? Note: You can provide sketches if you have something specific in mind.
10. Do you have any example sites that you like?, also do you like or dislike any specific parts i.e. colours, layout, banner, logo etc.?
11. Will you be using any images on your website, if so what are they and do you have permission to use them? Note: If you need photos to be taken or sourced, we can provide photography and stock image sourcing services.
12. What are your planned website pages and what content and functionality (if any) do you require on each of these pages? If you have an existing website and you want to keep the same layout and content for certain pages, or if you have seen a page on another website that you like, then you can provide us with links to these pages so we can use them as a guideline in the development process. For online shops you should also think about your categories and sub-categories. For larger websites it is a good idea to prepare a sitemap structure document.
13. Do you require any specific features / functionality on your website? Note: If you are unsure, you can see a list of common website functions here: www.creativewebco.com/faqs-advice/web-design-ideas. You can prepare documentation and flow charts of actions / responses if you require advanced detailed functionality.
14. Would you like a content management / admin system to update the website yourself or would you prefer us to update? Note: We have various website support and update options available.
15. Do you have a deadline date for the completed website?
16. What is your budget for the website?
17. Do you have any further information regarding your project that you would like to provide?
CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DOWNLOAD THESE QUESTIONS IN A FORM >>